Announcements for download in pdf format
Polish-American Freedom Foundation
Founder of the Program
Leaders of Change Foundation
announce an open competition for candidates from
Ukraine, Belarus, Russia, Moldova, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan,
Kazakhstan and Kyrgyz Republic
THE LANE KIRKLAND SCHOLARSHIPS in Poland
in the 2017-18 academic year
The Program is addressed to young leaders with higher education who are interested in the development of democracy, economy and civil society in their countries and in the region. The Program is realized in the form of a two-semester project course with Polish universities and at leat 2-week professional internships with public or private institutions.
The candidates who are planning to return to their countries of origin after the scholarship program for the purpose of implementing the newly acquired knowledge therein are welcome to submit their applications.
Our Program’s philosophy is based on the mutual respect, regardless of the country of origin.
Diploma thesis shall be of theoretical or practical character (in the latter case theoretical introduction will still be required).
In the 2017/2018 academic year the Kirkland Program is addressed to the following persons:
1. Application form on-line
a) detailed personal questionnaire
b) proposed program of study in Poland explaining the purpose of participation in the Kirkland Program and including the future plans connected with its completion (not exceeding 4,000-6,000 characters with spaces)
2. Two letters of reference (in Polish, English or Russian), describing the achievements and qualifications of the candidate as well as the expectations connected with the candidate’s further development and work in her/his professional or social field – to be submitted by e-mail
3. Copy of Master’s degree diploma (or PhD diploma) – to be submitted by e-mail
Approximately 45 best applicants will be selected in a 3-stage evaluation process of candidates:
Stage 1 - formal assessment of applications
Stage 2 - substantive assessment of applications
Stage 3 - interviews (planned on 01-30 April 2017)
The candidates who have qualified by passing all 3 stages are informed via e-mail at the end of March. The information of the final results will be sent via e-mail in June 2017.
Monthly stipend paid to Kirkland grantees in Polish currency: about 1800 PLN. In addition, the scholarship covers the following costs: university fees; accommodation; insurance; one return ticket to Poland; public transportation tickets; visas; purchase of materials and teaching aids.
• Inauguration of the Program (mid-Sept 2017)
• Orientation (10 days)
• Classes at universities (two semesters) in leading Polish academic centers, such as Warsaw, Kraków, Poznań, Lublin or Wrocław
• Preparation of two semester papers and one diploma paper
• Four conventions of all Kirkland grantees
• Personal development and animation activities
• at least 2 weeks of professional internship (usually upon completion of the academic program)
• Closing ceremony – final diplomas (end of June 2018)
The application form is available at: http://www.kirkland.edu.pl/en/appform
Application forms should be filled out on-line. APPLICATION FORM
After the on-line application is completed, the system will generate a confirmation document that needs to be printed. The signed document should then be sent to the Program Office by regular mail with the candidate's current photograph attached thereto. (Address: Al. Jerozolimskie 133, m. 56, 02-304 Warsaw, Poland).
The letters of satisfaction and copies of diploma should be scanned and sent to: email@example.com
The deadline for submitting applications for the Kirkland Scholarship Program is:
March 1, 2017
The applications received after the above-mentioned date shall not be examined.
Information in Azeri language
Information in Georgian language
Information in Ukrainian language
· During the interview candidates are required to speak Polish at least at the B1 level (diploma thesis written in Polish) or at least A1 (diploma thesis written in English)